Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Nothing's Ghana stop us now

You know when you walk out of a bank carrying a supermarket shopping bag stuffed to bursting with paper money? No? Well, come to Ghana and take out one week's expenses and that's exactly what you'll get - easily enough volume of cash to fill a couple of briefcases. In fact, had the bags not been a flimsy plastic affair, I would have had it handcuffed to my wrist. Sadly, the highest denomination note here is worth about £1.25 (20,000 Cedis). Work has taken over again - 8am to 11pm is about standard - but we're looking forward to a relaxing weekend. P.S. In the street a couple of days ago, I encountered a troupe of kids who were putting on a gymnastic display by the side of the road, and collecting donations. They were remarkable. Here's a photo. Drop me an e-mail if you get a chance, or leave a 'Comment' for posterity. 'Mehung echri' ('see you later') x

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Blimey! Whose legs are whose?

9:30 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey JT

You've taken some really great shots there lad. I particularly enjoyed the portrait of the Sadhu holy man, although the black and white of beautiful Chen was perfectly caught: an alluring second.

I'm a visile by sensory dominance and I think in pictures, so I really enjoy the photo's you put up. I'm passionate about photography, especially of people, and I love trying to capture the essence of a person in a picture. To me, a place is made up of it's people, and every culture has its own unique personality.
With that lead up, tell me: what's Ghana like?

Mehung echri
Steve

9:07 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home